Thursday, May 26, 2016

JavaScript oh JavaScript

The World is eati.. wait.. no JavaScript is eating the world. That is the headline I keep reading everywhere I look. I have been coding JavaScript since the nineties. I have never really given JS any respect mainly because it was always just a toy language or something to add a little functionality to a web page. Well times sure have changed and it seems like everywhere I look you can use JS to do about anything from IOT to server side programmer and beyond.

For this reason I have decided to embark on a new journey to the land of current JS. I'll try to post new articles as I teach myself all the new features in say ES6 to how to do try module encapsulation (looking forward to that one) and also our best friend Node.js which along with npm is one heck of a tool. So buckle in as we take a very seasoned veteran Java programmer and build out tools and products using nothing but JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment